Women Over 40 – Are you thriving in midlife?
By: Ms Lennard
Millions of women are thriving in their middle years; are you one of them? These successful women over 40 have values and beliefs about aging that allow them to be happy as they age. Their glass is half full instead of half empty and the have beliefs about aging that allow them to be happy as they age. What are these beliefs? If your glass is full:
1. You believe that aging isn’t a recipe for decline; it’s just another natural part of life leading to more wisdom, spirituality, passion, freedom, growth, money, inner peace and happiness.
2. You don’t feel guilty for making your own happiness a priority because you know that if you are happy others will benefit.
3. You look at what’s ahead of you instead of dwelling on your lost youth.
4. You recognize that any female midlife crisis symptoms are a blessing; a nudge to look deeper into what you need to change and improve.
5. You don’t view having to start over (due to divorce, kids leaving home, lost job, etc) as the end of the world. You learn from these life changes and grow from these experiences.
If your glass is half empty you may be experiencing midlife crisis symptoms such as discontent, restlessness, being overwhelmed, boredom, anxiety, depression, lethargy, irritability, anger, mood swings, fear of mortality and death, compulsive behavior, changes in sex life, or anxiety.
The key is not to ignore these very powerful symptoms that are trying to tell you that something in your life needs your attention. Every experience teaches us something; what are these symptoms trying to teach you? Make the time to find out.
Don’t lose heart, these female midlife crisis symptoms are very common and can be a catalyst for an amazing midlife awakening. This is a time to pay attention to what’s not working in your life and make some changes. This is a time for re-evaluating and re-birth, but you have to be clear about what you want.
If you are struggling with any part of the aging process (health, finances, body image, managing change, self esteem, etc) it is because you have created or inherited a way of thinking and believing that is not in line with the well being you deserve no matter what your physical age.
One of the best things you can do is find positive role models. Seek out successful midlife women who are living happy and fulfilling lives.
So, is your glass half empty or half full? If you want your glass to be full you need to make the choice to fill your glass with things that bring you joy, passion, growth, and gratitude. It’s your choice.
[author][author_info]About the Author
Gale Lennard is the author of this article on Female Midlife Crisis. Find more information about Women Over 40. [/author_info] [/author]