A new year, another Valentine’s Day. Whether you are happily married, dating, or single – there’s always a Valentine’s Day gift to be bought for a special loved one in your life.
Traditional presents consist of flowers, cards, chocolates, or other tokens of affection with the goal being to show another person that you care for them and are thinking about them. These gifts have become generic and quite frankly…boring. However, there is a way to instantly upgrade any of these presents into the best Valentine’s Day gift ever!
An often overlooked accessory of Valentine’s “presents” is the way that they are “presented”. That old saying “we eat with our eyes first” is also very relevant to gift giving. Personalized packaging can show just as much (if not more) thought than the present that they are concealing.
One of the latest and greatest trends for Valentine’s Day giving is photo wrapping paper. Picking out the perfect picture(s) of you and your loved one to feature on your gifts is original and shows a heartwarming amount of thought. There are many advantages to designing your own gift wrap…
1) Shows you were thinking about your loved one – (more so than a quick trip to the store for flowers or chocolates).
2) Brings back memories and conversation about when the pictures were taken – this helps reflect on why you care for each other in the first place.
3) Leftovers can be used for a memory or scrapbook – this keeps unnecessary waste out of our landfills and creates even more lasting memories.
4) Will make up for a generic or “hard-to-know-what-to-get” gift – this can be a big perk for couples with many years of marriage under their belts and simply want to deviate from the expected or mundane.
5) It can start a new tradition that will spice up Valentine’s Day for years to come.
A few things you should keep in mind when customizing your Valentine’s Day gift wrap:
Personalized wrapping paper can be designed and printed on your home computer or purchased through an online retailer for around $10 a roll.
Armed with a new trick up your sleeve, go out and create the best Valentine’s Day presents ever! (And it will be perfectly understandable if you have a hard time watching the paper being torn apart from your gift!)
[author] [author_info]About the Author
C. Wise is a married father of two living in Daytona Beach, Fl. He is a professional party planner and stationery enthusiast for a number of holidays, special occasions and celebrations and helps design and create personalized wrapping paper for Giftskins.com. [/author_info][/author]