Are you following all of the Kate and William royal wedding hype? I’m not going to pretend, I just don’t get caught up in it all. I will be mildly interested to see what kind of dress Kate wears. Beyond that my only thoughts about it happen when I see something on the news or social media and then I think, “That poor girl. I hope she gets through all of this without having a nervous breakdown.”
However, a few days ago I saw something about the couple on Twitter that made me stop and say, “Huh?!?” Namely, the Will and Kate pizza. You got it, a pizza with the faces of the young couple on it fashioned out of food (including black jelly beans for Kate’s hair).
This really had me thinking–and wondering–exactly what other royal wedding weirdness is out there? Well, look no further. Whether you’re a die-hard royal wedding fan or find yourself asking Will and Kate who?, there’s some royal wedding weirdness that will catch your eye. I promise.
1. Papa John’s Will and Kate Pizza–UK Papa Johns’ is auctioning off the pizza to promote wedding pizza parties. (Um, okay.)
2. Will and Kate Thimbles
3. Cupcake Toppers [Amazon]
4. Royal Wedding Glass Ashtray [Amazon]
5. Royal Wedding Will and Kate Tea Towel [Amazon]
6. Prince William Mask [Amazon]
7. Life-size Kate and Will Cardboard Cutout [Amazon]
8. Royal Wedding: William and Kate Dress-up Dolly Book [Amazon]
9. Will and Kate Commemorative Lighter [Amazon]
10. Will and Kate Edible Icing Cake Toppers [Amazon]
11. Knit Your Own Royal Wedding [Amazon]
If all of this isn’t enough to make a girl want to elope, I don’t know what is.
Spot some royal wedding weirdness? Share it in the comments.
[author] [author_image timthumb=’on’]http://primeparentsclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/WritRamsSockMonkeyHat.jpg
[/author_image] [author_info]About the Author
Jacqueline Wilson is a wife, mother, published author and freelance writer who isn’t into the royal wedding, but is into weird. (She’s secretly coveting that Will and Kate Dress Up Dollie Book and the Knit Your Own Royal Wedding even though she can’t knit.) She writes here, on Prime Parents’ Club, and on her parenting humor blog, WritRams.com: Writer Ramblings on Parenting Imperfectly. Follow her on Twitter as @WritRams or on Facebook.[/author_info]