Romance doesn’t have to die when you become a “couple.” They say that when you stop being single, you put an end to being romantic. Society is saying that intense and heated passion is only for the bachelor/bachelorette.
It’s true, romance is one component that is prone to complacency within relationships. However, when you have a steady partner that understands your–um–“needs,” then you are the luckiest person on earth. As with most things in the world, being routine and doing the same thing over and over (such as being too lazy to explore new ways to pass the time, or never leaving the house) can kill the joy and enthusiasm in what you love doing. But it doesn’t have to be that way.
There IS something fun that virtually anyone can get pleasure from and has a reputation for sustaining an exciting, satisfying sex life–a proven formula dating back thousands of years: aphrodisiacs. Ancient people called it the “Love Potion.” That’s what it basically is–a potion. It is something that a person eats or drinks (or even does) that makes them feel aroused and inclined to get…sexual.
Aphrodisiacs can come in all shapes and sizes. And, since we can’t talk about all of them without being too graphic, we will start with what comes naturally to us: food and drinks.
In case you were wondering, we can’t tell for sure if magic or enchantment is involved or not, but science can tell us that most foods that are aphrodisiacs are rich in Vitamins B and E (they literally make you look good and hence more attractive).
Here are the top food aphrodisiacs, alphabetical order only, not in potency (because the level of potency can vary depending on the consumer).
6. Chocolate – I think this works for all occasions
7. Egg – (Hey, science has the numbers to prove it.)
9. Foie Gras – this delicacy of France is a myth all on its own. You can search online for more details. One thing is for sure, its buttery feel and legendary prestige will keep you wanting for more of your partner.
Last but definitely not least…
Oysters are the original and authority on aphrodisiacs. If you are not “longing” for your partner after you have had about a dozen or so of these, you are either not human or you have a nervous system problem.
If you think that only men are affected by alcohol, think again. Recent studies show that consuming intoxicating beverages can heighten the sexual desires of women equally to that of men.
1. Absinthe – a drink regularly used by Europeans as an aphrodisiac during the 1800s. There’s something wild about this beverage, just one or two shots is said to have the right properties to extract the beast from almost anyone!
2. Beer – although this is considered the least potent of all the alcoholic drinks, there are some beers that have been scientifically proven to increase libido. Stella Artois, for example, is renowned for making people do things out of the ordinary, particularly in a sexual nature. Grab a six pack and down it together after dinner. It may not be the most romantic gesture, but sex doesn’t always need to be about romance, right?
3. Wine – port wine is said to be the most powerful alcoholic aphrodisiac. It enhances lovemaking when combined with strawberries. A warning though: wines, when consumed too much, can lead to drowsiness, which obviously doesn’t promote sexual arousal. So be careful how much you drink.
The most important thing in all these is that you must first be truly infatuated with your partner, and you want to be physically (and emotionally) connected all the time … with or without aphrodisiacs.
Guest Matt Fuller is an Australian online publisher. Matt writes about a variety of topics relating to dating sites, dating advice for single people, and dating websites reviews.