Ahhh, yes. Summer.
It’s the time of year we all love–sunny days and warm evenings dotted with cookouts, gatherings and some of our favorite foods. If you’re like us, we always look forward to bonfires at the beach and fires in our fire pit by the woods.
And, of course, the s’mores.
S’mores are the perfect snack–compact, gooey, chocolatey and just full of yumminess. However, what about when you (or the kids) want some, but you’re not having a bonfire? Check out these easy s’more snacks that are perfect for quick summer treats or even last-minute additions to a gathering … without even lighting up an outdoor fire.
Easy S’more Snacks
- Graham crackers
- Regular sized marshmallows
- Chocolate candy bars
1. Break a “sheet” of graham crackers in half so that you have two sides. This will make one sandwich s’more. Break apart as many as you need for your snack or gathering.
2. On a microwave-safe plate, line it with graham cracker halves.
3. Break the chocolate bars to fit onto the graham crackers. Place one piece of chocolate on top of the graham cracker.
3. Place one marshmallow on top of each piece of chocolate and graham cracker.
4. Microwave the plate of crackers, chocolate and marshmallows for 10 to 15 seconds. (No longer or your graham cracker will start to get soggy.)
Sneaky Tip: Out of chocolate bars? Microwave the graham cracker and marshmallow and then squeeze some Hershey’s syrup on top of the marshmallow before putting on the graham cracker “top.”
5. Remove plate and immediately place remaining graham cracker “top” on each one, pressing down lightly.
6. Let sit for around 2 minutes and then serve.
You can actually make a platter of them for a party and they will remain good for the entire party. They are just as yummy when they cool down.
My daughter and I like them without the chocolate, so sometimes we make them without it and just have a marshmallow/graham cracker snack.
If you want to dress them up a little for a party, serve them with dipping sauces that you find in the ice cream toppings aisle–caramel, strawberry, chocolate and more. Go crazy and make them with different colors or flavors of marshmallows, too!