Ah yes. You’re over 40. You know because your knees grumbled at you when you got up in the wee hours to pee for the fourth time. Here are some other reasons that prove you’re over 40 (as if we needed more reminders).
1. You think fingerless gloves are perfect for prom.
2. You cried when your Livin’ On A Prayer t-shirt finally fell apart.
3. You carried a TrapperKeeper with your school work in it.
4. You think “One Direction” refers to a street sign.
5. You’ve used a pay phone.
6. You refer to “Flairs” as “Bell Bottoms.”
7. You remember when televisions only had a handful of channels that made loud clicking noises when you manually changed the channel.
8. Your television had “rabbit ears.” (Bonus points if the ears had aluminum foil on them.)
9. You had a “Keep on Truckin'” or Fonzie t-shirt when you were a kid.
10. Back in the day, you put a big-handled comb in your back pocket (that probably said, “Keep on Truckin’.”)
11. You put a matchbook under your 8 track tape in the car so it wouldn’t skip.
12. You had a pet rock when you were a kid.
13. You probably have no idea what “NIFOC” or “PRW” means.
14. You know that a SkipIt isn’t a card game.
15. You remember when aliens like Alf and Mork were big, not zombies and vampires.
16. You remember when New Kids on the Block were really kids.
17. Sit and spin doesn’t mean something naughty to you.
18. You didn’t have an email account at your first real job. Or your second.
19. You secretly passed around “Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret” between your friends (and felt kind of naughty doing it).
20. Now, instead of music, you listen to “Wait, Wait Don’t Tell Me!” (while your kids ignore you with their iPods and smart phones in the back seat).
What are your memories from childhood? I know I’ve missed many, so share yours in the comments!