I know what some of you are thinking, “Why would I go to all the trouble of making whipped cream when I can just buy that squirty stuff out of the can?”
If you’re asking that question, then you’ve never had real whipped cream before because there really is no comparison. Sure, the fat content is higher, but it’s well worth the splurge on occasion because it really is that good. Plus? It only takes about 10 minutes to make!
How to Make Whipped Cream
Fast and Easy Homemade Whipped Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4-1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Zest from one lemon (optional)
- Pour heavy cream into a chilled metal mixing bowl.
- Add vanilla and begin mixing on medium.
- Add in confectioner's sugar a little at a time until stiff peaks begin to form.
- To add a little zing, zest some lemon onto the top of the whipped cream when serving. (It's especially good that way with strawberry shortcake!)
The recipe is easy to double for larger serving sizes. Also, I make extra because it holds up well in the refrigerator for a few days.
PrimeParentsClub.com. All Rights Reserved.