Being diabetic doesn’t have to mean letting go of great flavor. In fact, with just a few tweaks you can still have some of your favorite treats like muffins. And, the best part? Even your non-diabetic friends will find these super yummy. (We won’t tell if you won’t tell!)
Easy Diabetic Blueberry Muffins
Easy Diabetic Sugar Free Blueberry Muffins
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup light margarine, softened
- 1 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener with Fiber, Granulated
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners and lightly spray liners with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- In another bowl, beat margarine until creamy.
- Gradually add Splenda and honey to the margarine mixture, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until blended after each egg.
- Add in vanilla.
- Beginning with the flour mixture, alternately add flour mixture and milk, into the margarine mixture. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition, ending with the flour mixture and beating.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon the batter into muffin cups and bake 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from pan immediately and cool.
PrimeParentsClub.com. All Rights Reserved.