I fell in love with these sandwiches a few years ago when we made them with leftover ham from Thanksgiving. That’s what’s so great about them–they are perfect to use up any ham from parties, holidays or even leftover ham lunch meat before it goes bad. They will become a family favorite. I promise. Oh, did I mention that they’re SUPER EASY?
Easy Baked Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
- 1 package of rolls (like Aunt Millie’s rolls or King’s Hawaiian)
- 1/2-1 lb. thick-cut ham meat
- 2 packages Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/2 C. butter, melted
- 3 T. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 T. spicy brown mustard
- 2 T. brown sugar
- dash of onion or garlic powder
- Cut rolls in half. Line bottom of an ungreased baking pan with the bottom of the buns.
- Layer buns with cheese, ham and then another slice of cheese. (You may have to do some creative cutting or tearing to get the ham and cheese the right size to fit on the buns.)
- Place top of the bun on sandwiches.
- Mix together melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, spicy brown mustard, brown sugar and garlic or onion powder.
- Pour sauce over the top of the sandwiches, making sure that each is covered. Cover and refrigerate for 4-24 hours to let sandwiches marinate.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and tops of buns are a golden brown.
PrimeParentsClub.com. All Rights Reserved.