My friend Tawni turned me on to this recipe and it’s one of the reasons I’ve remained friends with her. (I kid, I kid.)
This will actually be one of the easiest recipes you’ve ever made for the slow cooker. It’s so easy and so yummy that I usually keep the ingredients for this in the pantry as a “Dang what are we going to have for dinner” panic meals. It’s nice because depending on the kind of cheese you use–shredded or cubed–it can be a short couple of hours to cook or an all day slow cooking chili.
This recipe calls for canned chicken (find it in the same area as canned tuna at the store), but you can easily substitute chicken breasts instead. I happen to like canned white chicken breast for this so that I can always have it available in the pantry.
Crock Pot Chicken White Bean Chili
- 3 cans great northern (white) beans, undrained
- 1-2 12-oz cans chicken
- 1 can cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup
- 1 soup can of water
- 8 oz. salsa (medium or hot)
- 8 oz. Monterey Jack Cheese
- Drain liquid from canned chicken.
- Combine all ingredients in a crock pot.
- Cook on high for 2 hours if using shredded cheese, or on low for 6-7 hours if using cubed cheese.
- Sprinkle extra cheese on top and serve with a side of crusty bread, corn bread or tortilla chips.
I add two cans of chicken because we like a chunkier chili. If you like a thinner chili, only add one can. Also, if I have vegetables that need to be used, I sometimes throw in chopped celery and carrots, too.
PrimeParentsClub.com. All Rights Reserved.
AFFILIATE LINKS ARE USED IN THIS POST