Red White & Blue Fluffy Slime
Kids love Slime. Here is a fun way to get the kids involved at your BBQ with this Fluffy Slime 4th of July Edition.
Seems like kids love crafts that are hands-on, slightly messy, and fun to play with. Fluffy Slime is the perfect craft. Easy to make and super fun to squish.
After going through 4 different Fluffy Slime recipes. This one worked the best. Here is a quick and easy craft, Fluffy Slime 4th of July Edition.
What you’ll need to make Red White & Blue Fluffy Slime:
- Elmers Glue
- Shaving Cream
- Food Coloring
- Glitter (optional)
- Contact Solution
Step by Step instructions:
- First, you’ll need to make the Borax solution. This is very easy. Simply take 1 cup of hot water, pour into a bowl, and mix in 1 tablespoon of Borax. Mix until clear and set aside.
- In a new bowl, add 1 bottle of Elmer’s Glue, and 2 cups of Shaving Cream. Mix and then add your food coloring (and glitter if desired). Add 1 more cup of shaving cream for extra fluffy slime.
- Add 2 tablespoons of contact solution. This will help make it less sticky. Add 2-3 tablespoons of the Borax solution. Mix until it no longer sticks to the bowl. Begin to play!!!
A few tips I learned while experimenting with different recipes:
- Add 1 to 1 1/2 bottles of food coloring for darker colors.
- Buy glue in the large bulk container. Your kids will most likely want more than one color and this way you’re prepared.
- Use extra fine glitter. This will show up better.
- The last and most important tip is easy cleanup. Take a few baby wipes and wipe away the fluffy slime from your spatula and bowl. Cleans in seconds!
Fluffy Slime has many fun ways to play:
- Sensory Fun. Add small toys to the slime allowing your child to explore the wonders of textures.
- Gifts. Separate the slime into plastic containers, decorate with stickers and give to friends.
- Party favors. Customize with coordinating colors to match your party theme. Individually wrap it in small bags and complete it with a tied bow to close the bag.