Football food should be fun, don’t you think? During football season, you’re gathering with friends, there’s beer and generally lots of good finger food. However, easy and fast is key to the snacks during the season. Enter football rice krispie treats!
The great thing about these chocolate rice krispie treat footballs is that they will be favorites for both the adults and kids. And, it’s fun to get the kids involved making these super simple party desserts, too!
Easy Chocolate Rice Krispie Football Treats
This is a fun recipe to make with the kids!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 11/2 10-ounce packages marshmallows
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (optional)
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Cocoa Krispies® cereal
- Plain (non-flavored) non-stick cooking spray
- Canned white frosting with decorating tip, or white frosting with decorating bag and tip
- In large pan, melt the butter over low heat. Add one package of marshmallows plus half of the other package and stir until completely melted.
- Remove the melted marshmallows from heat and stir in peanut butter until melted.
- Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal and stir with a spatula sprayed with non-stick cooking spray until all of the cereal is well coated.Cool slightly.
- Spray hands with non-stick cooking spray. Grab a small handful of the rice krispie mixture and roll between your hands, fashioning into a football shape about 3-4 inches in size. Place “footballs” onto wax paper to cool. Repeat making footballs until the mixture is gone. Let cool completely.
- Decorate the footballs by piping white lines around each end of the football. Then, make the “laces” by piping a line down the middle, from one end of the football to the other. Then, pipe the lace lines over the horizontal line.
- Store in air tight container until the party.
This recipe uses a little more marshmallows than regular rice krispie treats because it helps make the rice krispie mixture a little more pliable to shape into footballs.