As soon as it gets cool, I start thinking soup ALL THE TIME. The crockpots go into overdrive and I make soup several times a week.
For fall, you can’t rule out making pumpkin soup. If you think that pumpkin is only for pie, then you’re missing out!
Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups pumpkin puree
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley (or ½ teaspoon dried)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Croutons or crusty bread (optional)
- In a large soup pot, heat chicken broth, salt, pumpkin, onion, thyme, and garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes uncovered.
- Using a food processor, blender or emulsion blender, puree the soup one cup at a time.
- Return the blended soup to the pot and and bring to a boil again.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for another 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Stir in heavy cream until completely mixed into the soup.
- Pour into bowls and top with croutons or include a side of crusty bread.